Come and Ave a Butchers: MINCE 03.11.2016
MINCE@ 11 Market Way
SHELF are delighted to announce their next show in continued partnership with Poplar Harca. This year we will be taking over the old butchers @11 Market Way, Chrisp Street, London. The Pork Chops and Lamb Livers are long gone; the interior is scrubbed clean and only a faint yet definitive smell of fresh meat lingers like a leftover tattle-tale.
1. (transitive) to chop, grind, or cut into very small pieces
2. (transitive) to soften or moderate, especially for the sake of convention or politeness
3. (intransitive) to walk or speak in an affected dainty manner
4. mainly British minced meat
5. informal nonsensical rubbish
Collins English Dictionary.
MINCE is a group show celebrating a hot mix of established and emergent artists. Works stew on the titles derivation as they focus on repurposing, redefining, and reawakening materials and spaces. Think ‘Wolf in sheeps clothing’ and work backwards. This historic shopfront will take on a new façade, enabling visitors to take stock as we open our doors with a load of choice cuts – That’s the bacon!
SHELF PRESENTS THE DELECTABLE:
JAMIE BRADLEY// LAUREN GODFREY// SUNYOUNG HWANG//
BEX MASSEY// JOE FLETCHER ORR// HARRIET RICKARD//
SARAH ROBERTS// NICOLE VINOKUR// LOUISE WINTER//
LOCATION 11 Market Way, Chrisp Street Market, London E14 6AH
All Saints DLR [4 minutes walk], Langdon Park DLR [3 minutes walk]
PRIVATE VIEW THURSDAY 03/11/2016 FROM 6-9pm
EXHIBITION OPEN 04/11/2016 –13/11/2016*
* OPEN Friday- Sundays 12- 4pm or by appointment only for duration of show.
MORE INFO email@example.com www.shelflondon.com